PE & Sports Premium 2016-17
At Kippax Ash Tree we are committed to providing all learners with a vibrant and stimulating PE and Sports curriculum. Our pupils will develop knowledge, skills and understanding regarding physical health and fitness. Our pupils will be able to make informed choices regarding their health and wellbeing. Pupils will work together, in teams, in partnership and independently within a range of sporting activities and be challenged and supported to achieve their goals. It is our aim that all our children learn resilience, fairness and co-operation. Children will understand how to work towards a goal and experience success when goals are realised and achieved.
The Government have recently announced that from September 2013 schools will receive an additional £8,000 (plus £5 per pupil between the ages of 5-11 years old) to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
As part of the Brigshaw Co-operative Trust funding was divided into a 50% allocation to Brigshaw Trust Sports offer. The remaining 50% of Sports Premium Funding is used to improve and enhance the quality of PE, physical activity and Sport provision within school in the following ways:
- Providing staff with high quality training and CPD for increased skills, knowledge, understanding and confidence in gymnastics, dance and athletics.
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
50% of the primary schools sport premium funding has been used to support staff in their delivery of high quality physical education. The PE subject lead has supported staff in their PE lessons to increase physical activity levels as well as developing children's skills in all aspects of the PE curriculum. The PE subject lead has supported staff in the planning, delivery and evaluation process of their teaching.
This has included the development of the middle playground. It has been fitted with club quality netball posts and four basketball posts. We have future plans to enclose the space with 1.2 metre high fencing which will have built in low level nets making the playground space very multi-functional for the whole school.
The PE equipment store has been replenished with new footballs, netballs, rebound A-frames and a selection of multi-purpose balls.
Purchasing additional PE equipment to benefit whole school.
- Additional Swimming sessions for key classes.
- Netballs, footballs and general games equipment.
Half of our Sports Premium Funding has been used within the Brigshaw Trust Sports offer to:
- Release a High School Teacher (Brigshaw High School) to lead and develop the Sports and PE provision for all Trust school centrally.
- Development of 30 inter-school sports competitions
- Trust Olympic day for over 600 students in Years 4,5 & 6 – cost of stadium, transport and pitch hire
RAISING THE QUALITY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- All teaching staff received half day of Gymnastics, Dance, Athletics or Reception PE workshop
- Reception and Early Years PE fundamental course with equipment tuition
- Elevating Athletics course
- PE subject leader training
- Joint observations of PE
- Purchase of scheme of work for Trust Schools
- Joint planning and Team teaching opportunities
- Primary Membership to Youth Sports Trust
HEALTHY ACTIVE LIFESTYLES
- Multi-sports clubs set up across Trust – targeting less active pupils
- Sports Leaders from Brigshaw High School running dance, cheerleading and netball clubs
- Play Leader Training for Primary pupils
- Skipping workshops and skipping resources.
- Improved Teacher knowledge and confidence in delivering PE across all key stages
- Increased number of sports activities available to children
- Increased number of schools and pupils taking part in inter-school events
- Improved quality of PE teaching and learning
- A higher profile and importance placed on PE within the school and the Trust
- Clear identification of strengths and areas to further develop within PE