Learning at Home
Our Re-connection Curriculum - September 2020
Our children have had unique experiences of and responses to the events of 2020. This has been a year of significant world events, disrupting and changing the ways of life of people across the globe. To support the well-being of our children we have chosen to respond to their emerging needs and follow a two week unit called 'Here We Are' based on the book by author Oliver Jeffers. The unit of work has been devised for a whole school to work together using a single text to support a transition curriculum as pupils return to school.
The aim of this re-connection unit of work is to:
- provide a framework for children to re-engage socially with each other and their wider community
- suggest opportunities to engage positively with the outdoor environment
- stimulate thinking and talk about world events and the impact of these events on individuals and the wider world
- provide a safe forum to share thoughts, concerns, ideas and personal responses
- use art and writing to help children respond personally to experiences they have had
The planned experiences:
- support children and schools to engage in reflections around some of the thoughts, feelings and responses arising from the disruption caused the COVID-19 pandemic
- explore how our world view and our place in it has evolved, and been shaped and influenced by events, during this period
- support children to develop a sense of themselves as citizens of the world and belonging to a wider community, providing them with a sense of agency and inspiring them to contribute to making the world around them a better place.
Our Learning at Home Offer
If a child or member of staff in one of our bubbles receives a positive Covid test, we will ask that bubble to self isolate for 14 days at home.
In the event of this happening all work will be uploaded to your child's bubble Class Dojo page (KS1&2) / Tapestry page (EYFS) for you to access remotely from home. Furthermore in the event of a complete school lock down the same will apply and all teachers will upload daily lesson plans and activities to their bubble's Class Dojo page.
Teachers will also upload video demonstrations and explanations via Class Dojo to ensure the work set is clearly understood. Children will be expected to complete the work and upload it to their online portfolio.
An example of Class Dojo home learning:
We also have the following websites which all children have their log on details for. If your child does not have their log on details please contact your child's class bubble teacher. If you do not have Internet access or a digital device at home to access the online learning please let your child's bubble teacher know and we can provide a printed paper copy.
Oxford Owl for Reading: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Times Tables Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student