Our Nursery Offer and Admissions
Our Early Years Unit is made up of Nursery and Reception aged children. We are a 78 place Nursery and 60 place Reception. We have three Nursery intakes over the academic school year; September, January and April (providing we still have places available). Your child will start with us the term after their third birthday depending on whether we have places available.
A waiting list is kept in the school office where children's names are added as soon as a parent provides school with their child's details. Places are allocated on an age order basis. Parents are informed that their child has a place in our Nursery half a term before they are due to start. At this time we also ask parents if they are interested in the 30 hour offer through a questionnaire. Parents are invited to a 'stay and play' session with their child where they can look around the learning environment and meet the EYFS staff. These will take place in July, December and April prior to admission. At the 'stay and play' session parents will receive a pack of information containing:
- A Foundation Stage Information Booklet
- Information regarding their child's Family Group Leader
- Information about uniform
- Information about Parent Pay
- A data collection sheet
- A Pupil Premium eligibility letter
- Information about school readiness and preparing to start school.
Our offer for Nursery children for September 2022:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning until 12pm (15 hours)
- Wednesday from 12.30pm, Thursday, Friday (15 hours)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning until 12pm (30 hours)
- The additional half day on a Wednesday and Friday afternoon can be paid for at a cost of £12.00 per session. However this can only be offered on a term by term basis whilst we have availability. The payment for the extra session must be paid in advance for the term.
- Nursery children who stay the full day are welcome to bring a packed lunch or pay for a school dinner.
- We ask all our children in our Early Years Unit to wear school uniform; a red or navy sweat top, a white polo t shirt and black or navy leggings, jogging bottoms, a skirt or shorts.
Please find the link to obtain your 30 hours child care code and check the eligibility criteria here: https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare
If you would like more information about Nursery admissions or to put your child's name on our waiting list please ring the school office.