Our Vision and Values
Our School Vision
At Kippax Ash Tree we use our powerful voices to enable us to make meaningful choices for a life of opportunity and success.
At Kippax Ash Tree we strive to thrive by being:
- Respectful communicators - we act and speak with care and respect, we keep ourselves and others safe and use our individual and collective voice to make our world a better place for everyone.
- Resilient individuals - we all give 100%, we don’t give up and we embrace challenge.
- Global Citizens - we understand our role in society and demonstrate respect for the environment, difference, community and the wider world.
- Healthy Advocates - we develop the physical and mental strength to be successful and happy in our cradle to career journey.
At Kippax Ash Tree we use our voice to:
• Ask and answer questions in class and be an active participant in all learning.
• Share our thoughts, opinions and feelings respectfully.
• Support others and make a positive change.
• To give us the knowledge and experiences, to talk about the world in which we live in with detail
• Keep ourselves and others safe.
We make choices about:
• How we behave and learn so that we can be positive role models.
• What we believe and what we are interested in.
• How we use our knowledge to inform our choices and opinions.
• WHO and WHAT we want to be in life.
We have opportunities to:
• Take part in extra-curricular activities and curriculum enhancing experiences.
• Experience and learn about different cultures and influential people throughout History.
• Expand and strengthen our knowledge and skills through a rich broad and balanced curriculum.
• Become respectful global citizens and learn about the wider world.
• Go to university, higher education or to get a great job which we love.
We do this by:
• Building great relationships with each other and the adults in our school.
• Having the highest expectations of ourselves and each other - we strive to thrive.
• Giving 100% effort in every thing we do.
• Being resilient and determined.
• Developing the physical and mental strength to be happy and successful.
Ultimately, a great school comes down to three things; high expectations, an amazing staff team and children who want to be there. We expect, encourage and support children to do better every lesson, every day, every term and every year. We set targets, reach for them, and then celebrate. As we repeat this, we reach further each time and celebrate every achievement. At Ash Tree, we are big on the celebrating...
Celebrate the Great!
The big weekly celebration happens at our Friday ‘Celebration Assembly’, where the Pupil Parliament (MPs), with help from the Head teacher, celebrate effort, attitude, skills, knowledge and achievement. We use our whole school PSHE Jigsaw themes as a focus for our Celebration Assemblies ensuring these themes are prevalent through out the whole school each and every week. Children’s successes are celebrated in the ‘Golden File of Gorgeousness’. Friday's assembly also celebrates the class with the highest attendance that week.
We use Class Dojo to support our whole school behaviour system and policy as it supports our message of 'celebrate the great'. Children who have earned the highest amount of Dojo points over the week for positive learning earn the title of 'V.I.P', and they even have the option to use their own VIP lounge at lunchtime and wear a very special lanyard! If that wasn't enough, we also have rewards for those children who 'strive for five' by reading at home five times a week.
Throughout the year, children take part in many other ‘Ash Tree Amazing’ celebration events such as 100% attendance pizza parties, farm visits, author visits, residentials, theatre productions, curator projects and charity events. Not to forget, all classes love to play whole school Kippaxopoly, aiming to win prizes, accept forfeits and do all they can to avoid the dreaded ‘Go to Jail’. We are passionate about creating memories and making learning enjoyable for all of our children.
Kippax Ash Tree is a school with an increasing Twitter presence. You can follow us on Twitter to see the escapades of a good school working hard every day to become great- @AshTreeKATPS
At Ash Tree, we are all on a learning journey that has its ups and downs, and every day we are teaching both ourselves and our children to love every twist and turn of the ride.